The goal is to bring the benefits of sport to young people, some of whom may not have the means or resources to participate in organized sport. The importance of youth participating in sport is undisputed: kids learn and build citizenship, discipline, teamwork, self-esteem and physical well-being. The lessons and good sportsmanship they learn will help to build strong minds and strong bodies.
The Danforth Village BIA Community Sponsorship Program is about giving each kid a chance but it is also about developing a stronger and more united community. This initiative was born of the desire by the Danforth Village Business Improvement Area to bring families, citizens and businesses together with a common goal of helping our young people grow and thrive.
We are in pursuit of a mission that will:
- Provide improved access for young boys and girls from all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds to recreational and competitive sports programs in the Danforth Village community
- Actively seek ways to promote, teach, foster, encourage, and improve amateur youth sports programs in our community
- Assist in the provision of a fun, safe and healthy environment for young amateur athletes
- Increase public awareness, support and participation in amateur youth sports activities in the Danforth Village
- Provide opportunities for local businesses, including owners, managers and staff, to raise their profile and give back through increased involvement in amateur sport in our community.
In the 2011-2012 operating year, the Danforth Village Business Improvement Area Community Sponsorship Program will be providing sponsorship support to the following organizations:
- The Ted Reeve Arena Skating & Hockey School – support is to be allocated to ice costs or organizational operating expenses
- The East York Soccer Club – support will assist with field costs or organizational expenses
- The East York Baseball Association – support will assist with field costs or organizational operating expenses as required
The support provided to these organizations is a one-time donation to cover field/ice or operating expenses for the 2011-2012 operating period. The Danforth Village Business Improvement Area will continue to evaluate the community sponsorship program with a view to expanding and growing the program in successive years.
Acknowledgement of Support:
All advertising material produced in support of activities made possible by the Danforth Village Business Improvement Area Community Sponsorship Program shall contain the Danforth Village Business Improvement Area name and logo. A high-quality, print-ready logo will be provided.
Danforth Village BIA reserves the right to use materials relating to its support of this project in its promotional and media campaigns.